Thanks to the generous support of the Hunter Local Land Services, HRLN once again has funding available for a series of field-days/workshops, hosted by our Member Groups, on topics of interest to the Landcarers in their local area.
Previous events have included woody weeds workshops, bird and frog workshops native plant identification and creating habitat workshops. These events could also include fauna visiting your Landcare sites, managing soils, action planning or any other Natural Resource Management topic.
This opportunity is for members of HRLN so, if your group is not a member already, please visit our website at www.hunterlandcare.org.au to apply for membership.
If successful, your Group will receive up to $1500 for hosting the event which will improve the skills and capacity of the Landcarers in your local area. This funding allows for guest presenters, catering and other costs of hosting the workshop. It also provides general support for expenses the group may incur in carrying out Landcare activities or projects throughout the year. The workshop must be held before 31 May 2020.
Complete the application form and send to your local Landcare coordinator:
Lower and Mid Hunter- Stacy Mail email@example.com
Upper Hunter- Paul Melehan firstname.lastname@example.org
Your Group will need to:
● Develop a flyer using appropriate logos (your Coordinator can help with this)
○ Send flyer to HRLN for promotion at least 3 weeks before the event.
- Host the event (we can help here too) including planning, promoting, running.
- Feed the participants (Landcarers get hungry)
- Provide WHS safety induction and sign on sheet
- Produce a report (template to be provided) on the event outcomes and send it to HRLN with an invoice for payment.
Role of HRLN
- HRLN will promote the event through our website and communication channels.
- A representative(s) of HRLN will attend the event.
Payment in full by HRLN will be made upon receipt of:
a) Final Report
b) Tax Invoice for the approved grant amount. Please specify bank details on the tax invoice.
Things to consider in planning for your event
❖ toilet facilities
❖ provision of sunscreen
❖ insect repellent
❖ drinking water
❖ shelter in event of bad weather
❖ need for closed-in footwear and hats