The Foundation’s funding has been made available through the estate of the late Albert and Barbara Tucker, as per their wishes.
Grants of up to $25,000 will be considered and up to 3 years of funding may be applied for at a time (ie: up to $25,000 per year for up to 3 years). Decisions regarding how many years funding will be granted will be made at the discretion of the Trustee of the Foundation. Second and third year funding will only be disbursed when all reporting requirements for the previous year’s funding have been fulfilled and when the Project has demonstrated that it is achieving its goals. In some circumstances, larger grants may be applied for, however decisions are at the discretion of the Foundation.
Aims and Objectives of Tucker Foundation
- The support, promotion, development and advancement of public art galleries and museums.
- The relief of poverty and the suffering of children
- The provision of or support for scholarships to disadvantaged children or young adults up to the age of twenty-five years (25) to enable them to pursue their education at primary, secondary or tertiary institutions
- The protection of women from abuse, assisting women in these circumstances to further their education and providing support to women in these circumstances
- The initiation and support of social change which goes towards increasing the equal treatment and social acceptance of all persons in the community
- The protection of wildlife and habitat, and to preserve natural reserves of forest, oceans and wilderness and for the rehabilitation of flora and fauna
- The prevention of cruelty to animals and the promotion of animal welfare