Hunter Region Local Landcare Coordinator
Landcare groups and networks in the Hunter Region can apply to host a Local Landcare Coordinator, as part of the $15 million 2015-19 NSW Landcare Support Program announced this month.
Under the program, the Local Landcare Coordinator Initiative will provide a network of locally based coordinators to work with local Landcare groups and networks to build capacity and connections within communities.
The initiative, co-designed between Landcare NSW and the NSW Government, will deliver a network of locally based coordinators to increase the effectiveness of the Landcare network across the state.
The program will see up to 60 part-time Local Landcare Coordinators engaged to work with communities throughout NSW for a period of up to 3.5 years from 1 January 2016. It is anticipated that 5 to 6 part-time Local Landcare Coordinators will be available in the Hunter.
Applications to host a Local Landcare Coordinator will open on 14 September 2015.
Hunter Local Land Services will hold an information session for organisations interested in hosting a Local Landcare Coordinator within their community.
This session will explore the application guidelines and discuss an open and transparent process that is best for the Hunter region. Sonia Williams, Acting State Landcare Coordinator, will attend to provide advice and answer questions.
When: Wednesday, 16 September 2015
Where: Hunter Local Land Services Paterson office, 816 Tocal Road, Paterson Time: Lunch (12.15 pm) followed by Information Session (1-3pm)
RSVP: Contact Nev Reis on 02 4938 4959 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- 14 September 2015 – Online applications to host a Local Landcare Coordinator open
- 16 September 2015 – Information session on the application processes
- 14 October 2015 – Applications to host a Local Landcare Coordinator close
- 1 December 2015 – Contract agreements with Local Land Services and Local Landcare Coordinator hosts are finalised
- December 2015 – Recruitment of Local Landcare Coordinators
- 1 January 2016 – Employment of Local Landcare Coordinators begins