The Hunter Region Landcare Network is hiring!
Title: Landcare Project Officer
Organisation: Hunter Region Landcare Network
Location: working across the Hunter region, (office bases at the Hunter Wetlands Centre and Muswellbrook Sustainability Hub)
Salary: casual, $30 – $36 per hour depending on level of experience.
Hours: min 7.5 hours per week with additional various and irregular hours for delivery of events.
Duration: up to 30 June 2023
About the position
We are looking for an enthusiastic person with experience in community engagement and education, project management, and solid administration skills, with a genuine interest in Landcare conservation and land management, community engagement and education.
The Landcare Project Officer will be required to:
- Organise and deliver workshops and events for the community in collaboration with our partner organisations,
- Develop educational materials for workshops, events, and field days,
- Manage booking register and participant evaluations,
- Project management to report on budget and deliverables as per funding deeds,
- Work independently under the guidance of the Regional Coordinator, work alongside our
Local Coordinators in the delivery of Landcare projects and programs.
- Tafe qualifications in conservation/ environment/ science related field.
- Proven track record in project and/ or event management.
- Report writing for a variety of partners and stakeholders.
- Experience in community engagement and education.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking.
- Drivers Licence and comprehensively insured vehicle.
- Ability to attend meetings and workshops out of normal work hours.
- Proven genuine interest in Landcare conservation and land management, community engagement and education.
- Experience in setting up and maintaining budget spreadsheets.
- WHS and/ or First Aid Certificates.
- Experience in procurement.
- Experience with project management software.